With every day passing smartwatches are gaining more and more popularity since it was first launched. The TAG Heuer Connected smartwatch has the privilege to be the first luxury smartwatch built by any actual watch manufacturer staying true to the traditional styles of watches and loaded with many functions. This article aims to give a detailed TAG Heuer smartwatch review so that you have some idea of what it is.
The TAG Heuer smartwatch review intro
Going into partnership with Intel and Google, TAG Heuer has recently launched the connected series that is the first Android smartwatch manufactured by the company. There are three digital faces resembling the Carrera collection of the company. It comes with chronograph dial, three-hand dial, and GMT dial each including hands, index, counters, date window, and minute track. As per the TAG Heuer smartwatch details revealed by the CEO of the company the hardware and software of the watch comes from the Silicon Valley while the case, crown, design, dial are Swiss made. The dial and hands of the TAG Heuer smartwatch can be viewed even in energy saving mode it also other information like calories burned, miles covered and the steps taken other than keeping time. To interact with any specific segment one has to touch it for a full screen view.
Specification & Features
The specification and feature of the watch being an important part of the TAG Heuer smartwatch review are detailed below.
- Design and build: This awfully good looking smartwatch comes with 46mm diameter and 12.8mm thickness. The case being made of Titanium Alloy it is very light and it goes very high in quality having titanium bezel with carbide coating that boasts with anti fingerprint technology. It also has raised numerals engraved with silver lacquer and the watch is also IP67 splash water resistant. Being provided with Vulcanized rubber strap with grade 2 titanium folding clasp and safety push-buttons these deliver very secure wearing.
- Screen display: It is loaded with trans-reflective screen display that has scratch resistant sapphire crystals and the touch on display supports multiple finger recognition. The screen shows very good under bright lights and even when the screen is in power saving mode. The 1.5 inches LTPS LCD display having a resolution of 360 x 360 is absolutely crisp at 240ppi.
- Time noting: With incredible attention to detail it records time very accurately and for this reason it is graded very high in all TAG Heuer smartwatch review for its time keeping ability.
- Hardware: TAG Heuer Connected with a dual-core 1.6GHz Intel processor that has a normal speed of 500 MHz. It is also provided with 1GB main memory and 4GB storage memory on board that is standard for Android Wear watches.
- Sensors: The watch is provided with Gyroscope for fitness tracking, tilt detection sensor, microphone, and haptic engine.
- Compatibility &Connectivity: It is compatible with Android 4.3+ / iOS 8.2+ and uses Bluetooth BLE 4.1 – WLAN 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N for WiFi connection
- Power source: The watch is powered by a 410mAh battery with minimum 25 hours battery life. It is further provided with charging cradle, USB cable and wall plug.
TAG Heuer smartwatch review of pros and cons
- Great luxury-look with full 360° display
- Backed by TAG Heuer experience of watch manufacturing.
- Keeps incredibly accurate time.
- No GPS in the watch
- Display is provided with comparatively low pixel
The price of the watch is worth of its brand, style and build.